segunda-feira, 11 de março de 2013

4 Lessons I'm Learning as a Soon-to-Be Dad

Por Brandon Smith

Within two years of marriage, my wife and I found out that she was pregnant with our first child. While joyful about the news, we were flooded with questions and concerns. The initial shock exhausted us as we began to anticipate the many necessary skills we do not have. As they say, you're never really "ready" to be a parent. As a husband, it's no small thing to learn to live with and lead my wife, but she can do most things for herself. It's quite another challenge to steward the life of a baby who can do almost nothing on his or her own.

For us, this first pregnancy has been fun, tiring, exciting, terrifying, and everything in between. As a man, the revelation that I am called by God to lead my family is weighty. In fact, Paul tells Timothy that "if anyone does not provide for his relatives, and especially for members of his household, he has denied the faith and is worse than an unbeliever" (1 Tim. 5:8). I do not take these implications lightly. It is an absolute privilege for God to entrust a family to me.

>> Keep reading at The Gospel Coalition

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário